Björn Brix and Kris Spitsbaard, founders of the successful start-up of Luxs Insights asked Eaglescience to realise their innovative dream: a method to quickly and intuitively provide building and management information for housing corporations and large property funds, as a software application.
‘We are really impressed by the quality of the work by Eaglescience. The Agile approach has many benefits, which made it easier for us to cooperate.’ – Bjorn Brix
The intensive cooperation that followed, resulted in a software platform that digitally realizes property objects quickly and easily. Based on substantive real estate expertise and management experience from Luxs in combination with technical computer science insights from Eaglescience, professional dashboards have been developed that visualize the real estate data in an accessible and organized way. This product offers customers the tools to work digitally, more efficiently and to base choices on current data and factual insights.
Specifically, the SaaS solution which Luxs offers with this application delivers:
- All real estate information available digitally in one place;
- The ability to calculate real-time scenarios and analyze the impact on market value and policy value;
- New up-to-date maps according to the applicable NEN standards;
- Visualization of the real estate to be managed in interactive 2D map, 3D and VR.
From a technical point of view, the Luxs application consists of three important components, in which it is important that each component has an optimal performance:
- A frontend that should be able to show maps of buildings with thousands of objects and attributes in a smooth and interactive way;
- A backend that can handle and keep up with millions of objects and changes without difficulty;
- A functionality that automatically converts 3D models of buildings to 2D floor plans.
Note of the team
In order to realize this challenge, we have opted for current techniques in the first two parts; Angular for the frontend and Scala, using an EAV (Entity Attribute Value) data model, in the backend. For the front end, the Angular components structure provides a solution to link components with behavior to SVG (Structured Vector Graphics) in an efficient way so that the interface has fast loading times and a smooth interaction.
Scala is suitable for the backend because the functional aspects make it easy to work with complex data structures. The EAV model for the database (MySQL) makes it easy to make adjustments to the type of objects and attributes of objects. For converting 3D to 2D models a ‘pipeline’ has been set up with which 3D models of buildings are selected and then automatically converted to 2D floor plans which are then immediately visible in the application.